1. Addiction Coalition Chapters Help the Addiction Coalition by mentoring youth at any of the four Addiction Coalition Chapters at local high schools. Volunteer needs include attending meetings, developing drug messaging ideas with youth, facilitating discussions and soliciting donations for snacks and drinks for meetings. A criminal and child abuse background check is required.
2. Youth Advisory Council Help the Addiction Coalition by developing the youth leadership for Addiction Coalition Chapters. Volunteer needs include attending monthly meetings, chaperoning quarterly service projects and chaperoning the annual Youth Leadership Retreat. A criminal and child abuse background check is required.
3. Administrative Needs Work in our administrative office assisting with data analysis (pre- and post-tests from Chapters; updating the Annual Community Index), marketing (awareness campaigns at schools; communication plans for Prefix and schools), Join Now campaigns and organizing and inviting people to Lunch and Learns.
4. Prefix Recruit churches to host a sermon on addiction. Recruit churches to host a prefix event for parents and youth.
5. Resource Directory Help those in need of treatment by strengthening and promoting the online resource directory. Research local resources not included in the directory, contact providers to add their information to the directory and share information through employer toolkits.
6. Special Events Join us throughout the year for special events including bi-annual Medication Take-Back Day (promoting the event through flyer distribution) and annual Recovery Month (recruiting people to share personal stories of recovery).
If you are ready to volunteer, please contact us or download our Volunteer Opportunities Flyer for additional information.